In line with the GDPR 2018, Kinecroft Academy of Dance is committed to ensuring that your data is held and processed securely in line with the new laws put in place on 25th May 2018. This policy will explain the data collected, how it is processed and stored, and your rights with your data.
GDPR states that personal data should be ‘processed fairly & lawfully’ and ‘collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes’ and that individual’s data is not processed without their knowledge and are only processed with their ‘explicit’ consent. GDPR covers personal data relating to individuals.
Personal data is any information by which an individual can be identified by directly or indirectly, for example names, images, contact details, ID numbers, address, location data and other means of identification.
2) What Data is Collected
From the point of your enquiry, registration and time at the dance school, the following data will be collected from you;
– Child’s name
– Child’s date of birth
– Relevant medical conditions
– Parent/carer home/mobile telephone number
– Parent/carer name
– Email address
– Photos for advertising including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, KAD Website, printed adverts.
3) How the Data is Used
The data is processed and used for the reasons listed below and is processed with a lawful basis. All data will be collected for reasons under a lawful basis, with your consent, or because a third party requires your information, which you will have provided consent for.
– Contacting parents in an emergency, including medical emergencies and any actions that may need to be taken in this event.
– Contacting parents to discuss class matters, including class cancellations and changes.
– Contacting parents to discuss financial matters, including invoices and payments.
– Providing information about dance school events, including shows, workshops, and classes.
– To advertise and promote the school online using photos taken in class/events.
– Along with Test and Trace Guidelines for Covid-19, attendance data will be recorded, and if necessary, shared with NHS Test and Trace.
4) How the Data is Stored
Data is collected electronically, or via email/telephone/paper form for enquiries. On registration, the details will be logged onto a secure membership system (see section 5). The paper forms will be uploaded to a secure membership system and then destroyed.
Any details containing your child’s name will be stored securely, and information will not be passed on to third parties unnecessarily (see section 5). Your child’s name, age and medical conditions will be added to a weekly register, which is in the dance teacher’s property at all times during class. Outside of class hours, registers are stored on a secure system.
5) How the Data is Shared
Kinecroft Academy of Dance uses a secure database membership system (Class Manger) to manage your data. For more information on their policies, please visit their website www.classmanager.com. The membership system is used to store data, manage invoices, message parents, generate registers and contact lists.
Kinecroft Academy of Dance is registered with Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) and Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD), who are examination boards of which children may take examinations with. For the purpose of their exam, the following data about your child will be shared with your consent: name; date of birth, medical conditions, using a secure file transfer.
Other instances whereby information will need to be passed on may include, but not limited to;
– Performance exemption licenses with Oxfordshire Council (Name, DOB and Postcode) for performances.
– Performance competitions (Name, DOB and Postcode)
– Graphic designers/printers to create show programmes (Name & images)
– Videographers/photographers (Name)
– Facebook, Instagram, Website & Printed adverts – photos used with your consent
Data will not be collected or held unnecessarily. If you choose to leave the school, your paper record will be securely destroyed, and your details are archived from the online database within 6 months.
You have the right to access, amend or delete your personal data at any time. This is called Subject Access Requests. All requests should be made in writing via email or post.
Your request will be responded to within 1 month. No fee will be charged for this, unless repeated requests are made and are considered to be unnecessary and excessive. In this case, a fee may be charged at the owner’s discretion.
Requests can be refused if we have a lawful obligation to retain data or restrict data from being shared. In this case, reasons will be explained to you. If you feel unhappy with the decisions, you can contact ICO.
8) Your Rights
As an individual, you have the right to the following;
– The right to be informed.
You will be informed of all data collection, processing and storage.
– The right of access.
You have the right to access your personal data at any time.
– The right to rectification.
You have the right to amend your personal data at any time.
– The right to erasure.
You have the right to request your data to be removed from the database at anytime, under lawful and legitimate reasons.
– The right to restrict processing.
You have the right to not allow your data to be shared in any way.
– The right to data portability.
If information is shared (for example RAD/ISTD exams), your child’s data will appear on reports and certificates, following using their electronic transfer system.
– The right to object.
You have the right to contact the ICO should you feel your data is not being handled in an appropriate way. You also have the right to refuse your data to be used for marketing purposes.
– Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Automated decisions and profiling are used for marketing-based organisations, and so is not applicable to Kinecroft Academy of Dance.
Last updated: January, 2023